Sunday, December 8, 2013

Time After Time (Time Between Us #2) by: Tamara Ireland Stone

Title: Time After Time (Time Between Us #2)
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Shelves: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Recommended for Fans Of: Gayle Forman, Elizabeth Eulberg

Synopsis (From Goodreads): Calling Anna and Bennett’s romance long distance is an understatement: she’s from 1995 Chicago and he’s a time traveler from 2012 San Francisco. The two of them never should have met, but they did. They fell in love, even though they knew they shouldn't. And they found a way to stay together, against all odds. 

It’s not a perfect arrangement, though, with Bennett unable to stay in the past for more than brief visits, skipping out on big chunks of his present in order to be with Anna in hers. They each are confident that they’ll find a way to make things work...until Bennett witnesses a single event he never should have seen (and certainly never expected to). Will the decisions he makes from that point on cement a future he doesn't want?

Told from Bennett’s point of view, Time After Time will satisfy readers looking for a fresh, exciting, and beautifully-written love story, both those who are eager to find out what’s next for Time Between Us's Anna and Bennett and those discovering their story for the first time.

Review: Okay, no one hit me after they read my review okay? I spent a long time trying to come up with what to say, and now I just want to hide. 
Let me just start off with what didn't really work for me in Time After Time.

The POV: I was really excited to hear that Time After Time is told from Bennett's point of view, but I had my doubts too. Tamara did an excellent job with writing Anna's thoughts and emotions in the first book. However, I wasn't very convinced with Bennett's point of view until the very last quarter of the book. I didn't feel as submerged in the story as I did with Time Between Us.

Pace: I really hate to say this, but the story got a little bit slow at times. I would get a little frustrated because I wanted more things to happen, more of a dramatic romance. 

Characters: Oh, the characters. They hurt my heart this time. The romance between Bennett and Anna was still so sweet and lovely, but Anna bothered me a little in this book! I felt like she always asked too much of Bennett, but Bennett, in return didn't always think of her. My one MAJOR issue was the introduction of the background character, Megan. OH HOW I HATED MEGAN. She tried to steal Bennett away from Anna, and I really don't want to spoil the book, but let's just say that if Bennett had been a weaker guy, she would have succeeded. Her presence bothered me. A lot. 

Now here's what I liked about Time After Time!

Ending: Oooo the ending gave me all kinds of happy, fluttery fangirly feels. I loved it, and to be quite honest, it was probably my favorite part of the entire book.

Writing As always, Tamara Ireland Stone's writing is beautiful. She makes writing the thoughts and emotions of teenagers seem easy, and it definitely is not an easy task. 

Cover: Such a beautiful, lovely cover for a beautiful, lovely contemporary. It really captures the entire essence of Time After Time.

Conclusion: Although it wasn't as spectacular as Time Between Us, Time After Time was still a delightful luminescent read and readers will definitely want more of Tamara's writing.

xoxo,
Fiction_TheNewReality

2 comments:

  1. I love time travel novels! Thanks for the review:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really eager to read this sequel! I enjoyed book 1. I'm so glad you ended up liking it. I have high hopes :D

    ReplyDelete