Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Another Little Piece By: Kate Karyus Quinn

Title: Another Little Piece
Author: Kate Karyus Quinn
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Shelves: Young Adult, Supernatural, Thriller, Paranormal
Recommended for Fans Of: Amy Tintera, Demetria Lunetta

Synopsis: Annaliese Rose Gordon is not who everyone thinks she is. She is not the teenage amnesiac, lost and found having gone missing for almost a year. She is not the daughter of two concerned parents who watch her warily and question what their daughter has become. The only thing Annaliese does know is that she is not like other girls. There are things in her mind, memories, and people, and monsters that tell her that she is not a good person. But she can't drown the demons in her head; they always know how to swim. Stuck in an unfamiliar body, in a stranger's life, Annaliese must work to solve the puzzles and protect the ones she learns to love before time runs out and more lives are taken. Captivating and chill inducing, Kate Karyus Quinn's debut novel will leave you guessing until the very end.

Review: I absolutely loved this book, mainly because it stood out among all the other books in the YA paranormal/supernatural genre. The idea was not only original, but also very well developed. There were bits and pieces of different elements of the paranormal and they meshed very well together. Although the plot is slightly confusing at first, all the little bits and pieces lead to a fantastic conclusion and finale. This is one of those books where you being oblivious is better. In the end, I could not really decide how I felt about most of the characters. It was like Ms. Quinn wrote the stories of five different girls in Another Little Piece, and I still do not know what to think about Anna/Annaliese. She is a very confusing character and I honestly could not distinguish if she was truly a good or evil person at the end.

Conclusion: I said it many times already, and I will say it again: I loved Another Little Piece! Sometimes, the broadest are best, and the unknown is what entices us to read books in this genre. Definitely a book worth reading. It will give you the chills and you will not be able to put this book down.

Happy Reading!

xoxo,
Fiction_TheNewReality

7 comments:

  1. Love the cover.This book has mixed reviews in GR so I've always hesitated to start this.Maybe I should try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doubtful that this book would be able to scare me because most YA books that are labeled as horror just don't do it. Even chills are rare. Another Little Piece actually managed to creep me out. Annaliese/Anna is a fantastically written character. She is definitely impossible to put in any type of box. I loved her neighbor. He was a great character as well. I loved this story. I am very much looking forward to Ms. Quinn's new book, (Don't You) Forget About Me coming out in June next year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this book. I'm so behind! I've wanted to read it for months. It sounds EPIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so super curious about this book! I got it and I'm hoping I can squeeze it somewhere in between all the new releases and the review copies!
    Thanks for keeping the review spoiler free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot about this book. Seems like everyone is recommending it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us:-)

    ReplyDelete